This is a (partial) list of possible topics for RA tutorials.
General lab orientation
- where to find electronic and paper copies of consent forms, questionnaires, and payment forms.
- how to print and copy these forms.
- how to administer these forms when running studies (and other general study-running procedures).
- general information about the computing environment.
Basic spreadsheet skills
- entering and organizing data.
- how to use formulas and make charts.
- randomizing lists.
Advanced spreadsheet skills
- the basic structure of condition files for eyetracking experiments.
- creating counterbalanced lists for experiments.
- making google forms?
- pivot tables?
Basic speech recording and annotation
- recording and saving speech files in Praat or other programs.
- how to make and use Praat textgrids.
- how to label boundaries of phonemes, syllables, and words.
Advanced speech manipulation
- running a Praat script to cut or label speech files or to even out volume across files.
- using Praat manipulation files to manipulate pitch and duration.
- speech splicing?
- how to start an experiment.
- testing and troubleshooting lists in an experiment.
- how to make an experiment run fullscreen when it doesnt by default.
- overview of typical directory structure for an experiment folder, including where results are stored.
- how to use edf2asc converter.
Basic photo manipulation using Photoshop or Gimp
- cropping images.
- making transparent background for clipart.
- recoloring images.
- working with different tools.